What is North Texas Giving Day?
North Texas Giving Day is an online giving event that provides nonprofits the opportunity to gain exposure to — and start relationships with — new donors, and for people in North Texas to come together to raise as much money as possible for local nonprofits.
In just five years, North Texas Giving Day has pumped more that $60 million into the North Texas community. In 2013, more than 75,000 gifts totaling $25.2 million, benefiting more than 1,350 nonprofits.
For questions on eligibility, please contact NorthTexasGivingDay@CFTexas.org.
Refunds and/or reversals of gifts made on September 18th 2014 must be submitted within 30 days (October 18, 2014). After 30 days, requests for refunds will no longer be accepted.
- First Place Most Donors: A $10,000 prize to each of the small and large nonprofits with the most unique donors*
- Second Place Most Donors: A $5,000 prize to each of the small and large nonprofits with the second most unique donors*
Largest Increase number of Donors
- First Place Increased number of donors: $5,000 prize to each of the small and large nonprofits with the largest increase in number of donors over last year
- Second Place Increased number of donors: $2,500 prize to each of the small and large nonprofits with the largest increase in number of donors over last year
- Third Place Increased number of donors: $1,000 prize to each of the small and large nonprofits with the largest increase in number of donors over last year
For New Participants: Most Donors
- First Place Most Donors: A $5,000 prize to each of the small and large nonprofits with the most unique donors* (Only new participants are eligible)
- Second Place Most Donors: A $2,500 prize to each of the small and large nonprofits with the second most unique donors* (Only new participants are eligible)
- Third Place Most Donors: A $1,000 prize to each of the small and large nonprofits with the most unique donors* (Only new participants are eligible)
Best Integrated Marketing Campaign:
- Best integrated marketing campaign for the North Texas Giving Day event (potentially integrating video, special events, social media and any other communication vehicles) as judged by local media experts: $5,000
Best for-profit – nonprofit partnership
- Nonprofit with the best partnership with a for‐profit business to raise money during North Texas Giving Day: $2,500
- Golden tickets are drawn every hour from the list of nonprofits who received donations during that hour: $1,000/hour
- 25th donation: A $2,500 gift from the Harold Simmons Foundation
- 250th donation: A $2,500 gift from the Harold Simmons Foundation
- 2,500th donation: A $2,500 gift from the Harold Simmons Foundation
- 25,000th donation: A $2,500 gift from the Harold Simmons Foundation
- 1,929th donation: A $10,000 prize to the organization receiving the 1,929th donation in honor of the year The Dallas Foundation was established*
- 2,013th donation: A $10,000 prize to the organization receiving the 2,013th donation
Tarrant County Challenge
- A $10,000 grant to a nonprofit randomly drawn from among all nonprofits in Tarrant County receiving at least 32 gifts – sponsored by the Community Foundation of North Texas and honoring its 32nd anniversary
Who can donate?
Anyone with a credit card and access to the internet.
*What is a “unique donor”?
For the purposes of awarding prizes, a unique donor is one individual or corporation/business. Multiple donations from one donor to the same nonprofit will count as one gift. Organizations cannot donate to themselves.
What forms of donations are accepted?
MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express donations received through NorthTexasGivingDay.org website on Giving Day will be multiplied on a prorated basis. No donations via check, cash or stock will be accepted. Donor-advised fundholders at Communities Foundation of Texas, The Dallas Foundation and the Community Foundation of North Texas may recommend grants from their funds.
Are gifts tax-deductible?
All donations are tax deductible and irrevocable and will be for the unrestricted use of your chosen charity.
Is there a minimum gift?
Yes, a minimum donation of $25 is required to qualify for bonus funds. All donations up to $50,000 will receive bonus funds. For donations $50,000 or more, only the first $50,000 will quality for bonus funds.
How will the donations be reported on my credit card statement?
Your credit card statement will read: CFTexas NTX Giving Day 2147504222 TX
May I pay a pledge with my Giving Day gift?
Giving Day is designed to generate new support, not to pay off existing pledges.
May I designate how a nonprofit uses my gift?
Giving Day gifts are considered unrestricted gifts to the nonprofit. You may express your desire that your gift be used for a specific program or project (in the notes field of the giving form).
How much of the donation will go to the nonprofit?
All donations will be paid to the chosen charity net of credit card transaction and a portion of the processing fees paid to vendors – a total of 5.99% fee for each donation.
Can I make my donation over the phone?
Smart phones that allow you to make a credit card donation online enable you to contribute in this way. Go to NorthTexasGivingDay.org to donate from your smart phone.
May I use my Giving Day donation to buy event tickets, museum memberships, or other things that provide me a benefit?
No, donations may not be used to pay for anything that might be perceived as a material benefit to the donor, advisor or other disqualified person – including dinner tickets, membership fees, golf fees, admission tickets or other gifts.
Can my company match my Giving Day gift?
Yes! Make your gift, complete your company’s matching form and follow your company’s matching procedures as usual. When your company sends their matching gift to Communities Foundation of Texas, we will send a check to the nonprofits you supported. NOTE: Corporate matching gifts are NOT eligible for Giving Day bonus funds and prizes.
Is there a fee charged for the online credit card gifts?
The online gift processing fee paid by the nonprofit will be 5.99% which is standard for the industry. This fee, which is charged by the online payment vendor KIMBIA and credit card processing company, Fairway payments, will be deducted from each contribution, after the bonus is calculated. THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF THE DONATION IS FULLY TAX DEDUCTIBLE. ALL DONATIONS UP TO $50,000 WILL RECEIVE BONUS FUNDS.
How much is there in bonus and prize funding?
In 2013, $1,500,000 of which $172,000 is designated for prizes (See Rules for details).
2014 bonus funds and prizes will be announced by August 1.
Who were the donors behind the 2013 North Texas Giving Day?
Hunt Cares Campaign
Communities Foundation of Texas
Harold Simmons Foundation
The Dallas Foundation
Sid Richardson Foundation
Community Foundation of North Texas
WFAA, Channel 8
The Dallas Morning News
Dallas Women’s Foundation
Bank of America
How is the bonus determined?
Communities Foundation of Texas will enhance, on a pro-rated basis, the total of donations made during North Texas Giving Day. Credit card gifts will be eligible for the bonus pool to the value of actual donations prior to deduction for the fees. It is not a dollar for dollar match. The bonus percentage will be calculated the day after North Texas Giving Day.
What does pro-rated mean?
This means that the percentage in which CFT will enhance donations will depend upon the total bonus pool and the total of donations raised during the event. If the bonus pool is $1,000,000 and the total of all eligible gifts raised during Giving Day is $10,000,000, then the pro-rated bonus will be $.10 on the dollar.
Is there a limit to the amount an organization can receive from the bonus pool?
No. However, only the first $50,000 of large donations ($50,000+) will receive bonus funds.
What organizations are eligible for North Texas Giving Day?
What if I can’t find my favorite nonprofit on the website?
If you can’t find them on NorthTexasGivingDay.org, they are not participating in North Texas Giving Day. After Giving Day 2014, please encourage the nonprofit to contact us so we can help them get started for next year! (NorthTexasGivingDay@CFTexas.org)
When is North Texas Giving Day?
Giving Day 2014 is Thursday, September 18, from 6 AM Central – Midnight.
WHERE is North Texas Giving Day taking place?
North Texas Giving Day is an online event. Most of the activity will take place via our NorthTexasGivingDay.org website.
North Texas Giving Day is powered by Communities Foundation of Texas.
North Texas Giving Day number is 214-346-5500